Main Article Content
In this study, we present a simple and efficient root-finding algorithm for approximating the solution of scalar nonlinear equations. The proposed iterative scheme is based on geometric considerations using only the first-order derivative associated with the nonlinear function in question. The predictive capabilities of this numerical procedure for providing an accurate approximate solution associated with a nonlinear equation are tested, assessed and discussed on some examples.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- GREGORY ANTONI, A NEW NEWTON-TYPE METHOD FOR SOLVING BOTH NON-LINEAR EQUATIONS AND SYSTEMS , Asian Journal of Mathematics and Computer Research: 2015 - Volume 6 [Issue 3]
- GREGORY ANTONI, A NEW CLASS OF TWO-STEP ITERATIVE ALGORITHMS FOR FINDING THE ROOTS OF NONLINEAR EQUATIONS , Asian Journal of Mathematics and Computer Research: 2016 - Volume 7 [Issue 3]
- GREGORY ANTONI, WHAT IS THE LIFETIME OF SUPERFICIAL TRIBOLOGICAL TRANSFORMATIONS IN THE RAILWAY PROBLEM? - FROM THE NUCLEATION AND GROWTH PROCESSES TO THE CONTACT FATIGUE CRACK , Journal of Basic and Applied Research International: 2016 - Volume 12 [Issue 1]
- GREGORY ANTONI, AN EFFICIENT RETURN MAPPING ALGORITHM FOR NON-LINEAR SOLID MODELS INCLUDING MULTIPLE IRREVERSIBLE PROCESSES , Journal of Basic and Applied Research International: 2016 - Volume 15 [Issue 2]
- GREGORY ANTONI, A GEOMETRY-BASED ITERATIVE ALGORITHM FOR FINDING THE APPROXIMATE SOLUTIONS OF SYSTEMS OF NONLINEAR EQUATIONS , Asian Journal of Mathematics and Computer Research: 2018 - Volume 25 [Issue 7]